Just like the BrushBot, this DrawingBot can alternate between stippling and beautiful thick strokes of lines to create fantastic drawings. Just let it rest against your hand and watch it create!
- plastic base (cups and/or plastic containers)
- vibrating motor (tiny pager motor)
- 3v battery (CR2032 coin size)
- drawing tools: pens, pencils, and/or markers
- craft materials (pipe cleaners, foam strips, paper, etc.)
- Attach the motor to the battery (align + and – sides).
- Attach motor/battery combo to plastic base with rubberband.
- Attach drawing tools to make the base “stand up” on its own.
- Decorate the DrawingBot.
ACTIVITIES WITH DRAWINGBOTS:
- Observe the Drawingbots race inside a box.
- Watch DrawingBots create art together.
- What happens when you use a different type of base?
- What other recyclable materials could you use for the base?
- Can you create an on/off switch to save the battery?
- What happens when you move the placement of the motor/battery?
- How does the placement of the drawing tools impact its drawing?
- How can you adjust the DrawingBot to draw circles? dots? straight lines? curves? dashes?